1 Keeping your data safe
2 Who's in control of my personal data?
2.1 The Pinga app is run by Proximize Limited ‘Us’. We are a registered company in England under company number 10465126 and our registered office address is: 1st Floor, Sackville House, 143-149 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 6BL
3 Information we collect from you
3.1 When you register for a Pinga account we collect the following information from Facebook (we call this Account Information):
- 3.1.1 your first name and surname;
- 3.1.2 your email address;
- 3.1.3 your gender;
- 3.1.4 your age range (either under 18, 18 – 21, or over 21)
- 3.1.5 your Facebook profile picture
3.2 If you set up your Pinga App account to pay for tasks, our payment processor (Stripe) collects the following information (‘payment information’)
- 3.2.1 Name on card
- 3.2.2 Card number
- 3.2.3 Expiry date
- 3.2.4 CVV
- 3.2.5 Postal Code
- 3.2.6 House name/no.
- 3.2.7 Country
This data is securely stored by Stripe (not by Us).
3.3 If you set up your Pinga App account to be paid for tasks, our payment processor (Stripe) collects the following information
- 3.3.1 Name of account holder
- 3.3.2 Account number
- 3.3.3 Sort code
- 3.3.4 House number/name
- 3.3.5 Postal Code
- 3.3.6 Address line 1
- 3.3.7 City
- 3.3.8 Date of Birth
- 3.3.9 Country
This data is securely stored by Stripe (not by Us).
3.4 We collect your Pinga status if you enter this information within the ‘My Pinga’ screen.
4 Information we collect about you.
4.1 Each time you use the App or our site, we may automatically collect and process the following information:
- 4.1.1 Technical information about your Mobile Device or computer (in each case Device). Including, where available, your Device’s IP address and other unique identifiers, operating system and browser type, as well as your Mobile Device’s mobile network information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual;
- 4.1.2 Details about your use of the App or our site. Including pages and screens you visit, length of visit, and buttons and links you clock on. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
4.2 App Transaction Logs. If you take part in a Pinga ‘Transaction’ – by sending a task request, or by responding to a task request, then we log the following details of the transaction:
- 4.2.1 Name and email address of the person sending the task request (‘Tasker’) and the person responding the task request (‘Runner’)
- 4.2.2 Location of the Tasker when they send the request
- 4.2.3 The date and time of the request
- 4.2.4 The task request text
- 4.2.5 The guide price of the task request
- 4.2.6 The chat transcript
- 4.2.7 The price negotiation values and the final agreed price
- 4.2.8 The rating you receive at the end of the task from the other party
- 4.2.9 The date and time the transaction concludes
- 4.2.10 The outcome of the transaction (e.g. ‘paid’ or ‘tasker cancelled’)
4.3 Your location. If you select ‘Notifications On’ within the App and set Location Services to ‘Always’ within your phone’s privacy settings, then your location is continuously and anonymously recorded for the purposes of receiving relevant task requests (see section 5 below). If you take part in a Pinga Transaction, your location is temporarily shared for the duration of the task with your person you are transacting with.
5 What do you use my personal data for?
5.1 We use your Account Information to identify you as a unique user and create a public profile so you can identify yourself and interact with other users. Your public profile consists of your first name, profile picture, and average task rating from previous tasks.
5.2 We use your email address to send you emails for reasons of legitimate business interests. These include service messages about Pinga, for example to let you know if Pinga is experiencing technical issues.
5.3 We will also use your email address to send you messages about Pinga for reasons of legitimate business interest – including advice on how to use the App more efficiently and effectively, information about new features and how to use them, or how you can increase the money you can make from using Pinga as a Runner, or how to reduce the cost of using the App as a Tasker. You can choose not to receive these emails by following the instructions in each email to unsubscribe.
5.4 Your Payment Information is used by our Payment Processor (Stripe) to process payments.
5.5 We use Technical information about your Mobile Device or computer and Details about your use of the App or our site to:
- 5.5.1 To administer the App and our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes;
- 5.5.2 To improve the App and our site and to ensure that content from the App and our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- 5.5.3 As part of our efforts to keep the App and our site safe and secure;
5.6 We collect App Transaction Logs for the following purposes:
- 5.6.1 In order to detect any breaches of our Terms & Conditions of use (for example, using the App for a prohibited purpose)
- 5.6.2 So that the information is available as required to aid any legal or law enforcement investigation
- 5.6.3 To support customer service enquiries into specific transactions
- 5.6.4 To support our work to improve the quality of the service we provide
6 Who do we share your personal data with, and where is it stored?
We use the following data processors to store your data
By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your Personal Data (primarily your name and email address) by Campaign Monitor.
Digital Ocean stores your data in a London data centre, but an encrypted copy of backup images are stored for redundancy in off-site locations in the EU.
Stripe’s services in Europe are provided by a Stripe affiliate—Stripe Payments Europe Limited (“Stripe Payments Europe”)—an entity located in Ireland. In providing Stripe Services, Stripe Payments Europe transfers personal data to Stripe, Inc. in the US. To ensure the adequate protection of personal data, we have certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The Privacy Shield Policy is available here.
6.3 Moon Cascade test server storage. Moon Cascade is our 3rd party software developer partner. From time to time we may temporarily store your personal data on the Moon Cascade server for testing purposes to improve the Pinga service. The Moon Cascade server is located within the EU. Any data stored in this way is automatically deleted 90 days after creation.
6.4 Other users will be able to see your Public Profile if you set ‘Notifications on’ within the app.
7 How long do you keep my personal data for?
7.1 We will keep your Account Information and Payment Information (help by Stripe) for as long as your account remains open. You can close your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to close your account. It will take 30 days for this personal data to be deleted.
7.2 We keep App Transaction Logs for seven years. This is so we are able to respond to any query by you, the parties you have transacted with, or any law enforcement official, about specific transactions.
8 What rights do I have?
8.1 You have a number of rights under data protection law. These rights and how you can exercise them are set out in this section. We will normally need to ask you for proof of your identity before we can respond to a request to exercise any of the rights in this section and we may need to ask you for more information, for example to help us to locate the personal data that your request relates to.
8.2 We will respond to any requests to exercise your rights as soon as we can and in any event within one month of receiving your request and any necessary proof of identity or further information. If your request is particularly difficult or complex, or if you have made a large volume of requests, we may take up to three months to respond. If this is the case we will let you know as soon as we can and explain why we need to take longer to respond.
8.3 If you want to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
8.4 A right to access your information
8.4.1 You have a right to ask us to send you a copy of all the personal data that we hold about you (subject to some exceptions).
8.5 A right to an electronic copy of your information
8.5.1 You can also ask us to send you the Account Information that we hold about you in a common electronic format, or to ask us to transfer that data to a third party if you want us to and if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
8.6 A right to object to us processing your information
8.6.1 You have a right to object to us processing any personal data that we process where we are relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis of our processing.
8.6.2 If you make a request to exercise your right to object, if we have legitimate grounds to carry on processing your personal data, we will be able to continue to do so. Otherwise, we will cease processing your personal data.
8.7 A right to ask us not to send you messages about our service
8.7.1 You can ask us not to send you messages about using the Pinga service. You can do this by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any email you receive from us.
8.8 A right to have inaccurate data corrected
8.8.1 You have a right to ask us to correct inaccurate data that we hold about you. If we are satisfied that the new data you have provided is accurate, we will correct your personal data as soon as possible.
8.9 right to have your data erased
8.10 A right to have processing of your data restricted
8.10.1 You can ask us to restrict processing of your personal data in some circumstances, for example if you think the personal data is inaccurate and we need to verify its accuracy, or if we no longer need the data but you require us to keep it so that you can exercise your own legal rights.
8.10.2 Restricting your personal data means that we only store your personal data and don't carry out any further processing on it unless you consent or we need to process the data to exercise a legal claim or to protect a third party or the public.
9 How can I contact you?
10 What if this policy changes?
Last updated 23 May 2018.