Recipe of the Week – Homemade burgers with smoky sweet potato wedges
If you’re after a midweek pick-me-up, try these easy American-style beef burgers with smoked paprika wedges. You can cook them in the oven or in a frying pan.
You can now order all the ingredients for delicious new recipes in just a few simple taps on the Pinga App. All you have to do is:
1. Open the app >HERE<
2. Tap ‘Recipe of the Week’
3. Select the ingredients you don’t have
4. Sit back and wait for the delivery
- 1kg sweet potatoes, cut into wedges, about 2cm thick
- 3 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500g British 5% fat beef mince
- 2 small red onions, 1 grated and liquid pressed out in a sieve, 1 sliced into rings
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Small handful fresh oregano, leaves picked and finely chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Brioche burger buns, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the sweet potato wedges into a large mixing bowl with 2 tsp of the paprika, 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, then mix until well coated. Spread the wedges out in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes until crisp on the outside, turning halfway. Once cooked, sprinkle another teaspoon of paprika over the wedges and season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the mince, grated onion, garlic, oregano, egg and some salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Divide the mix into 4 patties, put on a plate, cover with cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large deep frying pan with a lid. Fry the burgers over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, then add a splash of water, put on the lid and cook for 5 minutes more (see tip). Serve the burgers, topped with tomato slices and rings of onion, in buns with your favourite sauce and salad alongside the potato wedges.